Do You Know Someone Whose Been Busted at a House Party?

New Hampshire Minor in Possession of Alcohol Laws

Plug my number 1-603-893-0074 into your phone right now so you have it when you need it most. Here is a new YouTube Video for prom and graduation season.  New Hampshire has tough underage drinking laws. 

Hi everyone, prom season is right around the corner.  For many high school students this is one of the most exciting times of the year!  Lots of preparations, pre-prom and post prom plans, parties, hair appointments and other end of the year activities and social events dominate every one's calendar.  It is important to remember that it is illegal for people under the age of 21 to use or possess alcohol or illegal drugs.  New Hampshire has really tough penalties for underage drinking and drug possession.  Be safe this prom season, don't drink and drive and enjoy this prom season and graduation! And remember, if you do have unwanted encounters with the police call Attorney Mark Stevens 24/7 at 1-603-893-0074. 

Here is New Hampshire's "Unlawful Intoxication and Minor in Possession" Law: RSA 179:10

 I. Except as provided in RSA 179:23, any person under the age of 21 years who has in his or her possession any liquor or alcoholic beverage, or who is intoxicated by consumption of an alcoholic beverage, shall be guilty of a violation and shall be fined a minimum of $300. Any second and subsequent offense shall be fined at least $600. For purposes of this section, alcohol concentration as defined in RSA 259:3-b of .02 or more shall be prima facie evidence of intoxication. No portion of this mandatory minimum fine shall be waived, continued for sentencing, or suspended by the court. In addition to the penalties provided in this section, the court may, in its discretion, impose further penalties authorized by RSA 263:56-b.   
II. Except for persons convicted on the basis of intoxication, any person under the age of 21 years convicted of unlawful possession of liquor or beverage shall forfeit the same, and it shall be disposed of as the court directs. The proceeds, if any, shall be paid into the treasury of the county in which the proceedings were determined.

Call Attorney Mark Stevens today at 1-603-893-0074 for a free consultation to discuss your underage alcohol charges.

1 comment: